You don’t want to bring your phone along on the run? Simply check in manually and leave your phone at the runbase. In order to check in manually to an AR event, follow the simple steps below:
- Be sure to join your chosen running event first by following the steps in this article
- You’ll see the “Check In Manually” button appear on the event details screen 30 minutes before the event start time.
- Once you have arrived at your event location, tap “Check In Manually”. (Make sure you’ve got an active GPS signal)
Now you are checked in and the event will count towards your AR level!
If you’re facing issues checking in manually, follow the short steps below:
- Make sure you’ve given the Runtastic app permission to access your location and that the GPS indicator is green.
- Make sure you are at the right AR event location.
- Make sure that you check in within 30 minutes of the event start time.
If you still want to track the run after you have already checked in manually, don’t worry! Only your tracked activity will be counted and added to the leaderboard.
Note: After you’ve checked in, you are unable to leave the event.