If your GPS results appear to be inaccurate or you are not able to get GPS signal please follow these instructions:
1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of the relevant Runtastic App.
2. Reboot your iPhone and make sure that you open the app with a direct line to the sky - then wait to lock a GPS signal with green indicator - this may take several minutes.
3. Turn airplane mode and Wi-Fi off in phone settings.
4. Before you start tracking your next session, be sure to wait until there is a green GPS signal indicator. If not, open iOS maps, then open the Runtastic App and let it search for 2-5 minutes to lock onto a GPS signal.
5. If none of the above work, it is possible the app did not download to the phone correctly, try deleting/reinstalling the app.
Note: Your activity history will be cleared from the device, so make sure that you upload all sessions to Runtastic.com beforehand.
Note: If you do experience a weak GPS signal and your activity tracking appears inaccurate, you can edit your session manually on Runtastic.com afterwards. Also it needs to be said that due to the different built-in GPS modules in each iPhone we can’t guarantee exact tracking results. When starting please try to avoid the following areas:
- High buildings
- Deep forests
- Areas where it's very cloudy
- Huge amounts of water like lakes, sea etc.
If you end up in these areas above this can affect your GPS signal during your activity.
Be aware that just because the some maps app like Google Maps, Apple Maps etc. may show your location on the map, this does not mean that the device's GPS is functioning properly or that a GPS fix has been obtained. The data used to show your location on the map may be based on cellular network or Wi-Fi signals.