There are three ways to create new routes.
- Select “Routes” and then “Create new Route” at the top right
- Select “Routes” and then “My Routes” at the top right. Then click “Create new Route” at the bottom right of the map
- Select “My Routes” in the menu on the left and then “Create new Route” at the bottom right of the map.
Next, a dialogue box opens where you can choose from three possibilities to create a new route:
- Manually: Create a new route
- Import file (.gpx, .tcx): Create a route based on the imported file. The already existing route can be adjusted easily.
- Import activity: Create a route based on a completed activity. A list of your recent activities will be displayed. Click on one of the activities on your list to display the route. The already existing route can be adjusted easily.
As soon as your route is created and ready to be published, you can save it by clicking the “Save” button. A dialogue box will open in which you can add additional information regarding your route such as the name of your route, the sport type, the surface type, the target group, the route profile and more.
After filling in all the required fields, you can determine whether to allow your route to be found using the Route Search function by clicking the icons in the lower left corner. Click the globe icon to allow the search, and the lock icon to block the search. All routes are anonymous, meaning that your name will not appear in the Route Search function. To link a route to your profile, you can enable additional privacy settings in the general settings.
If you need help when creating a route, just click on the green light bulb in the top right corner of the map to get detailed step-by-step instructions.