What is an adaptive training plan?
adidas Training Plans are adaptive training plans, this means that the plan adapts to your actual fitness levels displayed during your plan, as well as self-assessment by feedback. The plan will then suggest speeds tailored to your fitness level and goals
The fitness evaluation at the start of your journey cannot be skipped; however, it can be done anytime after your plan has been created. Once your fitness evaluation has been completed, you can access the full plan schedule.
If you want to try out one of our new adidas Training Plans, simply follow the steps in this article.
To access the Training Plan:
- Open the adidas Running app
- Go to your “Progress” tab
- Scroll down until you see “Personalize your adidas Training Plans”
- Here you can swipe through the cards and select the training plan you would like to start by clicking on it
- Once you click on the plan of your choice you will see more details regarding what you can expect of this plan, the difficulty and the duration.
- Click on “Get Started” to set up your plan
- On the next screen select the amount of weeks or chose a date yourself if you already have one in mind
- The next screen will give you the options to choose how many days a week and on which days you would like to run. Note here, that you need to select at least 3 days.
Please, note that the values you select now, can not be changed once your plan is created.
Now that your training plan is set up we need to find your Starting point.
- Read the steps described on the screen before clicking “Start Now”
- You will be sent back to the activity screen
- Click “Start activity” once you are ready to kick things off
- Follow the intervals displayed on the screen
- Once you are done, click “Finish”.
- Let us know how you feel about this session and rate the difficulty. Based on that your plan will continuously adapt.
After finishing the first workout of your training plan
- You can add pictures, how you feel, select the terrain, add your shoe and even leave a note
- Click on “Save” when you are finished adding the details
- Share your activity with your friends or followers!
You will be able to see the schedule of your training plan in the progress tab of the adidas Running app. Here you can also view the workouts for each of the days and your suggested rest days.
If you want to delete a plan you can do so by doing the following:
- Go to your “Progress tap”
- Scroll down to “Personalize your adidas Training Plan” and click on it
- Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner (android&iOS)
- Click on “Quit Plan”
When you quit your plan, your activities are still gonna be shown in the progress tab as usual.
You previously connected with Garmin and would like to follow your adidas Training Plan on your Garmin watch? Here’s how:
- Log in at connect.garmin.com and go to the settings > account information page.
- Make sure the Training permission is enabled for adidas Running in the list of connected apps.
- Sign up for an adidas Training Plan in adidas Running.
- Important: You will only see your workouts in Garmin Connect if you sign up for your plan after you’ve set the Training permission.