Create a Group and Invite Members
To create a group in the Runtastic app, follow the steps below:
- Tap the “Profile” tab
- Select “Groups & Communities”
- Tap the plus symbol in the top right corner
- Give your group a name and a description
- Add a photo to your group if you wish to by tapping the camera icon - you can take a new photo with your camera or choose one from your device’s gallery
- Tap “Create” in the top right corner
Once the group is created, you can tap on the three dots in the top right corner and “Invite Members”. Your existing Runtastic friends will be listed here. You can add them to your group by tapping the plus next to their name.
To invite members to your group with a private message, tap “Invite others with a Link”.
Tap the “Profile” tab and choose “Groups & Communities” to see your pending Group Invitations. Here, you can either accept or decline the invitation.
To leave a group, open the Group, tap on the three dots in the top right corner and tap “Leave Group”.
Edit Group Name or Description
As Group Admin, you can edit the group name, change the group photo and add or remove group members at any time. Simply tap on the group you created followed by the three dots in the top right corner. Choose either “Edit Group” or “Edit Members” and make the necessary changes.
If you wish to remove a member from the group, swipe left on the member’s name and press “Remove”.
To access the Groups Leaderboard, follow the steps below:
- Tap the “Progress” tab
- Scroll to the “Leaderboard”.
- Tap “Show more”
- You can then change the Leaderboard to display just your group instead of all of your Runtastic Friends (By tapping "Friends" at the top left and choosing your group)
Alternatively, tap “Profile” followed by “Groups & Communities”. Open the desired group and tap “View Group Leaderboard” at the bottom.
On the Leaderboard, you can compare the kilometers you have ran with those of your fellow group members or your Runtastic friends.
See here if you're looking for information about adidas Runners communities.